AmigaActive (2027/2143)

From:Bill Eaves
Date:30 May 2000 at 23:10:21
Subject:Interesting item on Czech Amiga News.

Hello

Our young friends at Alive seem to be in the news again.

An interesting item titled "30.5.2k KDH stops distributing Alive Mediasoft
products" appeared on Czech Amiga News today.

=======================================
Starting immediately, KDH Datentechnik stops distributing Amiga games
published and distributed by the English company Alive Mediasoft. KDH: "We
wrote to the company demanding clarification why the CD Goal2000 only
includes the old Goal game (with cracker intro). Moreover we requested
proof that a license is available for all published games. If the situation
can be solved positively, we will resume distribution."

Tom Crecelius writes in ANF: "I have purchased the game Goal2000! from
Alive-Mediasoft some weeks ago. After receiving the CD, I noticed an error
on the CD. Not Goal2000! is on the CD, but only Goal!. After decrunching
the "Goal2000-1.DMS" archive to disk and booting it up, an intro appears
with the contents: "Goal! - The Championchip League. Broken by
Q.U.A.R.T.E.X in 1993"!!
When the menu appears, it is entirely obvious that this is Goal! and not
Goal2000!. Despite multiple attempts to get into touch with Alive-Mediasoft
via mail and despite former (before I had payed) good mail contact I
couldn't get a reply from Alive-Mediasoft up to this day. Maybe they will
now reply... So be careful if you are interested in "Goal2000!".
=======================================

The paragraph about Alive's very selective email answering policy is
certainly no surprise here. They only reply when they think you will send
them money, after they have it they are not interested at all.

They give Amiga dealers a bad name and harm the good Amiga dealers by taking
custom from them. For instance until I get the goods or a refund I cannot
afford to order the same again from a more reputable dealer. Alive are
killing the Amiga market.

Regards,

Bill.

Hot off the press- summer's here!
School's out and it's sizzling hot. Whether you're planning a
graduation party, a summer brunch, or simple birthday party,
shop GreatEntertaining.com before your next celebration.